Earthquake Damaged Homes
Christchurch City Council (CCC)
- Rates relief
- Temporary Accommodation Permitted
- A Guide for Filling in Ground Cracks on the Port Hills
13 September Update - nationwide support for a change to the legislation. "To seek a fairer, more equitable system would collect a fixed percentage of all taxable income from every taxpayer in place of the funds presently collected as rates".
The Christchurch City Council together with Beacon Pathway, Certified Builders, Community Energy Action and the Christchurch Agency for Energy, have developed guides for homeowners.
Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority (CERA)
Department of Building & Housing (DBH)
Earthquake Commision (EQC)
Canterbury Earthquake Temporary Accommodation Service
Earthquake Recovery (EQR)
The Red Cross have released on 5/09/2011 a new grant for households whose properties have been issued with a Section 124 Building Act Notice by Christchurch City Council
Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ)
Answers on building performance have been prepared by the Royal Society of New Zealand, the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand, the Structural Engineering Society New Zealand, the New Zealand Geotechnical Society and the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering, who have co-ordinated science and engineering expertise from across New Zealand.
- Building the Future - impact of the Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Act 2011 and the Canterbury Earthquake (Building Act) Order 2010 on the repair of earthquake-damaged buildings
- Contents Claims - Have you mistakenly thrown out some of your contents during clean up that you now need to get valued or prove you had? Justice of the Peace (JP’s) can help. If you have a photo that shows the item in the background, a JP can sign to verify that this is your contents. Contact a JP by looking in the phone book.
- Kaiapoi Residents
- Kiwitreat eco sewage treatment system
- Word of caution for red-zone residents and explains the importance of getting personalised professional advice
If you are in the Red Zone then this paper will have immediate relevance to you. If you are in the Orange or White Zones then this paper will be of interest to you pending the further announcements to be made by the government.